MANAGEMENT AND OPERATING PROCEDURE OF COOKIESWhat is a cookie and what is its use? A cookie is a small text string, typically saved in a file, that a website sends to a browser and saves on your computer when you visit internet websites. The cookies are used to make websites function more efficiently, to improve the performance, but also to provide information to the owners of the website. The cookies used in the Site are both persistent (that is they remain in the memory of the hard disc of the personal computer of the user/visitor, until their expiry) and sessional (that is they are not memorised persistently in the computer of the user/visitor and disappear upon closing the browser). What type of cookies does this website use and for which purpose? Our website uses different types of cookies each of which serve a specific purpose. The types we use are specified as follows:
- TYPE: Web surfing cookies OPERATING PROCEDURE: These cookies allow the website to operate correctly and are used to collect information on how the visitors use the site. This information is used for compiling reports and to help us improve our site. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the site, the source of the visitors and the pages they have visited.
- TYPE: Analytical cookies OPERATING PROCEDURE: These cookies are used for example by Google Analytics to elaborate statistical analysis on how the users surf the website on their computer or by mobile applications, on the number of pages visited or the number of clicks made on a page during the surfing of a website. To have a complete insight on the privacy regulations of Google you can visit the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- TYPE: Cookies of third parties OPERATING PROCEDURE: These cookies are used by third party companies. The use of these cookies does not normally implicate the processing of personal data. The cookies of third parties arrive from announcements of other websites, for example advertisements shown on the website you are viewing. They can be used to register the use of the website for marketing purposes, to collect information on the use of the website, and on keywords used to reach the site. The cookies collect information anonymously. These types of cookies are sent by the Website itself or by third party domains. To remove some of the third party cookies it is possible to use the following tool: www.youronlinechoices.com/it/ which currently works only for cookies with a publicity profile (maybe in the future it will also be extended to the Analytics) and removes only the cookies of contributors to www.youronlinechoices.com/it/. For this reason, such tool is not a solution for the means of removing all third party cookies.
- TYPE: Persistent Cookies OPERATING PROCEDURE: These persistent cookies are used only for the purpose of facilitating the surfing within the Site and its correct use, to facilitate access to services which require authentication (avoiding that users must re-insert their credentials each time they access the services), as well as for statistical purposes, to know which areas of the Site have been visited. The session cookies are used for the sole purpose of transmitting the session identifications necessary to consent to a safe and efficient exploration of the Site.
- TYPE: Session Cookies OPERATING PROCEDURE: The session cookies used on the Site avoid resorting to other processing techniques which could jeopardise the privacy of the users’/visitors’ Web surfing and are also used to improve the distribution of the services.
- TYPE: Cookies for the integration of third party procedures These types of cookies are used to integrate the functionality of third parties on the site (for example, forms for comments or icons of social networks which allow the visitors to share the content of the site). The cookies in this category can be sent from domains of partner websites or that offer however the functions present on the site. The controller is not required to ask the user’s consent for the technical cookies, since these are strictly necessary for providing the service. For the other types of cookie, consent can be given by the User in accordance with the current regulations, by means of specific configurations of the browser and computer programs or devices and which are of a clear and easy usability for the User. The Controller reminds the User that it is possible to modify the preferences relative to the cookies at any time. It is also possible to disable the cookies from the browser at any time, but this operation could prevent the User from using certain parts of the Site.